"I Am" student version

I am not what I do,
                how much I do,
                or how well I do it.          
I am not how pretty I am,
                how young I am,
                or how fit I am.
I am not my GPA,
                my SAT score,
                my weight,
                my complexion,
                or my teeth.
I am not my phone,
                my profile pic,
                or my Facebook status.
I am not drum line,
                football,
                dance,
                track,
                or show choir.
I am not my failures or successes,
                my weaknesses or strengths,
                my regrets or dreams.  
                                                                               

I am a child of God,
                created by Him,
                in His image,
                to do His good works.
I am a sinner
                made into a new creation,
                free and forgiven,
                if I confess and turn away.
I am part of the body of Christ,
                and my body is His temple.
I am salt,
                preserving the weak,
                adding flavor to the bland.
I am light,
                showing others the goodness of God,
                that they may praise Him.
I am loved
                despite life and death,
                good and evil,
                present and future,
                mountains and canyons,
                power and weakness;
I am loved.

Comments

Popular Posts