43. For college football.
44. For memories of growing up at a little league football field.
45. For hot apple cider.
46. For Kleenex; I’d hate to imagine my last week with only handkerchiefs.
47. For the brisk smell and chill of autumn; they make me happy and contemplative.
48. For a skill and ability to cook and to bake. Yum!
49. For time with Angie Sposa, Erik Edwards, and Mandy James; they make me better.
50. For pajama pants. I think the shift from sweatpants to pj pants happened around 1999, and I’m grateful.
51. For a sure way to go to sleep—reading a college history text.
52. For a warm bed, a firm pillow, and a hot shower. These are givens, but sinus issues make me appreciate them more.
53. That my husband will be home with me and our kids tonight.
54. That my family will buy anything my kids need—shoes, clothes, formula, diapers—with generous spirits, without my asking.
55. For the joy of a baby’s first, second….seventh, eighth steps.