Tutus and T-balls

I entered parenthood with fear and trembling.  Sammy and I were intentionally married and childless for several years.  At one point my friend, Beth, asked me why.  I said, "We're selfish and lazy, and we want to enjoy being selfish and lazy for a little longer."  

Turns out, I'm still selfish and lazy (I won't speak for my husband.).  And I don't know what I'm doing as a parent.  I knew I didn't know what I was doing before I got pregnant.  I knew parenting was going to test my patience, resolve, integrity, and emotional and physical capacities.  It's been all I'd thought it'd be and more:)  

I was not good at soothing screaming babies.  I am not good at multi-tasking, and can all three of my family members please stop talking to me at the same time?!

But, I have been excited about this part since I first found out I was pregnant five years ago--tutus and t-balls.  I wrote this parked in my non-mini-van at t-ball practice.

Tutus and T-balls

ballet barres and batters' boxes
dance studios and dugouts
hands overhead and hands on knees
chasse and swing

tights and tiptoes
gloves and grounders

Capezio and Louisville Slugger

class and team
teacher and coach

Unearthing Talent
Learning Skills
Working Together
Making Friends

Blissful ignorance of who's
good and bad,
better and best.

Fun is had.

Comments

  1. thanks mrs. frame. enjoyed hearing your perspective. I, too, feel like sometimes I'm just trying to put one foot in front of the other. Seeing my children's joy or seeing them come to life is one of those sweet spots where I feel like I get to enjoy God's great gifts to me (right now they're both imitating dogs and cats on the ground). God is good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts