In My Sweet Spot

No Bible reflection today--just some personal reflection.  A few weeks ago, our church concluded a worship service with a video challenging us to make the most of the next 7 days, until we were at church again.  One line challenged us to use our gifts, meaning the gifts God has given us.  That haunted me the rest of the week, as I led meetings and did lots and lots of financial work--which couldn't be less of a gift of mine.
Then today happened.  I started my day with my kids, which is usually a simultaneously joyful and challenging experience--getting myself ready for work while watching a 2-year-old and 5-month-old by myself.  Today it was more joyful than challenging.  Then I cooked myself breakfast, something I never do on a workday.  My mostly egg white omelet with red pepper and spinach was delicious and satisfying.  I love to cook.
Then, I got to lead a devotional at work.  It's really not a big deal, but I love it.  I spent way too much time preparing for it, because I got lost in it.  It did my soul good to prepare for Easter, and it did my soul good to use my gift of teaching.
Then, I got to go shopping--for Easter baskets for kids and cancer patients in area hospitals.  Shopping is most certainly a gift of mine.  I think Paul overlooked it in his lists of spiritual gifts in the Bible.  Give me a project and a budget, and I'm ready to go.
Then, I got to spend time one-on-one with a teenager.  I got to hear about where she is in life, and there's little I value more than that. 
So, it's 5:02 p.m., and I'm headed home feeling fulfilled, thankful for my gifts and for opportunities to use them.

Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing your gifts Angie and for everything that you do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts