The Incarnation

I wrote and posted this poem last year as I prepared my heart for Christmas.  I enjoyed re-reading it, and I hope you will, too.

Jesus left his work as Creator
to live amongst the created.

Jesus left the Most High
to make himself nothing.

Jesus left equality with the Father and the Spirit
to become dependent upon Mary and Joseph.

Jesus left the community of heavenly beings
for the community of fishermen and tax collectors.

Jesus left the worship of angels
to lead disciples who doubted and denounced.

Jesus left his authority to utter God’s laws
to become obedient to man’s law and man’s death.

Jesus left all praise, honor, and glory
to take upon himself the sins of the world.

Jesus left his place in heaven beside God the Father
to take his place on a cross beside criminals.

Comments

Popular Posts